There are two different ways to apply for the passport application – Online, and Offline. After you apply online for MRP or E-passport to the passport office there some basic steps need to be done.
If applied online then your online passportapplication statuscould be checked from the website. you’ll see different Application status from time to time. The proper meaning of these statuses is given below:
This is the first step after applying online, you have to submit passport form along with all the required documents to the passport office.
2. BIO ENROLLMENT AT PASSPORT OFFICE
In this process, you have to complete a bio-metric and Iris scan (E. Certainly, it’s less time consuming
3. DOCUMENT SCANNING
In this process, authorized persons manually check all the documents are given. if he finds everything alright. Then he approved for further processing.
4. PASSPORT APPLICATION STATUS – PAYMENT VERIFICATION
In addition after Document scanning, they verify the payment slip you attached with the application. If the result is positive then the status will be changed to “Payment Succeed is Shown”.
5. PASSPORT APPLICATION STATUS – POLICE VERIFICATION IS PENDING
A special Branch officer or police officer will be assigned. They will verify your all information and address. You have to honor them anyway!! I hope you will understand what I mean. Then they’ll submit the report to the passport office.
6. PASSPORT APPLICATION STATUS – PASSPORT SCREENING PROCESS:
7. PENDING FOR DEPUTY DIRECTOR / ASSISTANT DIRECTOR’S APPROVAL:
After the Police Verification status changed to Done, the next step is passport office hold-up for approval of Deputy Director or Assistant Director’s Approval.
8. PENDING PASSPORT PERSONALIZATION
Most importantly this step takes some time for a valid reason. Most of us don’t know whats the meaning of “Pending Passport Personalization“. It means your passport is under the printing Stage. Every hour 1000 of the passport printed. On the other hand, the queue for printing is more than capable.
There is no problem with your passport. It just takes time to manage all the queues. Generally, this step might take 7-8 working days depends on different situations.
All the steps of passport personalization are given below in details
9. IN PRINTER QUEUE:
In short, printer queue takes only 2-3 working days to print your passport and the heading is self-describing.
10. SECURITY PRINTING
This step is basically Security lamination of your passport
11. PASSPORT APPLICATION STATUS – PRINTING SUCCEED
At this point your “pending passport personalization” fear getaway and all of the printing process complete by the passport office.
12. QUALITY CHECKING
The passport office checks the quality of your passport and evaluates that, is it ready for delivery or not.
13. PASSPORT READY, PENDING FOR ISSUANCE/DELIVERY
This is the status is close to getting your passport. This status means your passport is ready but not delivered to the regional passport office yet. Personally, I observed that 3-7 days needs to complete this process.
14. PASSPORT READY FOR ISSUANCE/DELIVERY
When you see this status, wait for 3-4 days and then you should go to the regional passport office and collect your passport. To be more certain, check your passport status by SMS. You’ll get the exact date when did your passport arrived in the regional passport office. Visit my other article describing the process of check the passport status by SMS –
- Passport Covers or Holders: When you are traveling, the most valuable item you must keep safe is your passport. This passport cover and holder will protect your passport and extends the life span. To keep safe get passport cover or holder from our official website – https://www.blogzonebd.com/
- Backpacks: Whether you’re going urban or rural, in your country or foreign, a backpack is necessary to take the usual holiday material during your traveling. Get the best quality backpack from our official website – https://www.blogzonebd.com/
If you need any help please comments below, I’ll try to answer you by e-mail. Please Don’t call me or don’t knock me in live chat. I just shared my personal experience and research about the topic to help you guys. Thanks a lot.